Well Monday afternoon I had my call with the social worker. Joe and I has decided the night before we were gonna go down to Colorado Springs and pick up a new car. I told her we would be on the road and she said that was fine. I just hoped my phone service wouldn't drop our calls.
It did, just a few times but we got thru the entire 2 1/2 hr long conversation. It actually wasn't bad, and it kept me company on the road. She was very personable and made the call laid back and easy. I was nervous but quickly my nerves went away and it felt like I was talking to a friend.
The purpose of this call is to make my profile that they will send to the IP's. she asked me about my family, my childhood, jobs, education, hopes for the future and current events. It was a good conversation.
She called Joe Tuesday morning and they talked about an hour or so. He did great and is so supportive of my dreams to so this for someone. I was grateful that he took the time out for me to do this. He's so awesome.
After our phone call Alicia sent me my commitment letter. I'm pretty much all done!! I've sent the letter back in to them today and I've been accepted!! As of today I received a profile if a family the believe is my best match.......now to pray about it and hope this family is it for me! They are from France!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Checking in
9 years ago
Wow amazing how fast and smoothly everything is going! Amazing how God's plans do that.;) we will be praying for you guys and this family! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteI really commend you for doing this! This is awesome to know you are doing this especially with everything I've been through. I know it will mean a lot to a family in the end. Love ya girl!
ReplyDeleteThank you Nikki and Brandi, it feels pretty cool to be able to do this for someone!
ReplyDelete