Sunday, May 26, 2013

Skype Date

So today was the day! "Meeting" face to face over skype with my potential IP's. I woke up nervous, but as the day went by, I just calmed down and was relaxed by the time 1:00 rolled around.

I got the girls lunch and we all sat at the table to skype. F & C appeared, and they were just as they were in the photos I received in their profile. Such a beautiful husband and wife, just missing that one piece of their life together. We talked about family, friends, activities, marriage, hopes and wishes through this journey together etc. I even got to meet "The Beast" their sweet little rabbit. They are a fun, adventurous couple, much like Joe and I. The conversation flowed pretty smooth and I enjoyed learning more about them and where they are from.

So I did ask about their struggles with infertility, this will be another post once I know were definitely matching & with their permission I will share more, but the emotions started flowing about their struggles and I just was hit with a love for this couple. We went from laughing and talking, to tears. Ten years they have tried. I cannot imagine. I will be praying this is the end of those struggles for them, and I can help make their dreams come true.

As we hung up on skype, I sat and took it all in for a moment. I am more than excited about this, and confident in this being a wonderful match. I can't stop smiling, and I hope they feel the same about us.

I have so much left to do today, sorry this post is brief, but I promise it is going to be so great from here on out! Thanks so much for yall's support! I wonder what they are thinking/talking about as they go to sleep tonight.....it is 11pm their time....hmmmmm.

P.S. Joe skyped too, he did great! I think it made our decision to do this more of a reality. I love you babe!

2 comments:

  1. So neat! I'm glad that everything has been falling into place so easily for you!

    ReplyDelete