Thursday, May 9, 2013

Social Work Screening

Well today I received an email from Alicia at Circle. She is one of the social workers who will assist with my screening and matching process. They have received all of my medical records and they are currently being reviewed by and IVF doctor liaison. He will pre-approve me so I can move forward in the surrogacy journey. I do not see that being a problem.

So with that step behind me, next step is a long talk with her over the phone. She will talk further about the surrogacy process and I can ask any questions I have as well. She will also be asking a lot of personal questions. Basically generating a little biography about my life. Once that is done I have a little   100 question (MMPI exam) personality type test. This is done over video conferencing with a licensed psychologist, so they literally watch me take this test. Should be interesting!

"C" is ready to move on to the next step. She is gonna look more into the legalities etc. and is kinda asking me if I want to start moving forward too. I am honest in my response to her that I am hesitant, but not un-willing to go indy. I just really want to be sure we know what we are getting into. I know this is exciting and all, but we need all our ducks in a row. People seem to do this all the time, and I am definitely in contact with those that have. She seems like a really amazing person and I really really want to help her out. We should begin to chat on FB soon, I am excited to get to know her more and more.

Found a few great bible verses I just want to jot down here. They are very inspiring to me right now.

Romans 12:6 - In his grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well. So if God has given you the ability to prophesy, speak out with as much faith as God has given you.

2 Corinthians 9:7 - You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. “For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.”

We are to give with a grateful heart, and I intend to do just that!



No comments:

Post a Comment