So I have been communicating with C for the past few days. She really does seem to be a perfect fit. I won't go too in depth right now, but we both agree on what we want for the most part. The only thing about C is she wants to go, what the surrogate world calls, "indy" which means independent of an agency. Being that this is my first time doing this, I feel more comfortable using my agency. So what do I do? I know no matter what, we would both have our own individual attorneys throughout the process but there is so much more to it, it seems. "C" is ready to roll, and so am I and she wants me to be her surrogate. There is also another couple that wrote me yesterday, same beliefs I have, live in Maryland, and want to go independent as well. I don't want to keep either waiting, but I also want to see what IP's the agency has to offer. So now I am in a little predicament. What to do.....how do I know who will be best for ME, and gosh I wish I could help them all!!!
I spoke with Jeni today just to ask how the process was rolling on their end in receiving my medical records, and she said she saw some things come thru today. She is waiting for an update to see if they have received everything, then my file will be complete. Once it is complete, I'll be in screening with a social worker for about a week, then I can finally receive my commitment letter and IP's profiles. She said the process should start moving faster very soon. I would really love for someone like the above two couples to be with my agency too, I can only hope!
So that is about it for right now. I hope I can make the best decision. I am being prayerful about it all.
Checking in
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment