So I had some wonderful photos taken by a super sweet photographer - Amy Luna. I have never done maternity photos before, but when she said she would take a couple for me, in the snow nonetheless, I couldn't refuse. I thought it would be a beautiful memory to have for myself and the parents as we close up this part of a big adventure.
After the thought of surrogacy came into my mind, I couldn't get it out. I spent a lot of time reading up, educating myself, my husband. I spoke on the phone with my agency for hours getting my questions answered and concerns addressed. Soon after I was putting in my application. It was all so exciting. Then I wondered who I would be matched up with. I was really nervous about this part of it all. It is a lot like dating. Match.com style. Also, if you get one profile, and pass on the couple, you can't technically go back to them later. I didn't want to mess up. I just knew I had to keep on following my heart the whole way through. When I received F&C's profile I was pleasantly surprised. They were very thorough in filling it out, which told me they were genuine and this was serious. There was one fall back, and that was how far away they were. I was skeptical to consider an international couple. Mainly because of communication - and my desire to actually get to know the parents and remain in touch after the journey was complete. BUT, being that I loved their profile so much I agreed to the Skype call. They seemed to be so much like Joe and I. They love a good adventure, traveling and fun. To this day, I am so glad I took the chance! Since having them here - meeting them for the first time, I feel so blessed. I was so nervous about meeting them, but how quickly that all went away. We really have built an amazing relationship the past year and a half. I really feel God has his hand in all of this. One of the most amazing callings I have ever had. It has not been an easy breezy journey, we had a couple bumps with my IUD and a chemical pregnancy first transfer, but we made it - and this sweet baby girl that has been wished for, hoped for, prayed for - will be here. Any. Day. Now.
The time is almost here, time to watch this beautiful miracle arrive. I have treated you as one of my own, growing you as best I can, and praying you would be healthy and perfect. I was so nervous for more heartbreak for your parents. And now I can't wait for your BIRTHday, and to be able to see first hand the look your Maman and Papa's face when they see and hold you for the very first time. It is the moment I have dreamed about since beginning this journey with them. They are so deserving, and have dreamed of you for a long time. You will always hold a special little place in my heart. I have honestly enjoyed every moment of this experience, I am so thankful to have been chosen for THIS one, by these people. So for now, I will sit here and enjoy these last few days while you finish growing, and smile (and probably cry a little) when you make your way into their arms <3 What a beautiful day that will be.
My hope is that this friendship continues for many years. I pray I can watch you grow, and see the many adventures your amazing parents take you on. You will have one amazing life, I am confident in that. "Oh the Places You Will Go!" Bless you all, and most of all, thank you F&C for trusting me with your precious cargo these past 10 months. I know it can't be easy to go through this, but I hope for you that it has been as smooth a process as possible. I'm so excited for you guys!!
Much love,
Katy
Checking in
9 years ago

You made me cry!! Great blog Katy you truly are an amazing women!
ReplyDelete