Sunday, December 21, 2014

Meet the Parents.

So F&C arrived here on Wednesday evening. There were some delays in their flight, but they were only like 40 minutes late. We decided to meet up for dessert at flying star. I dropped Allie off at my brothers, since she gets tired early, and Sarah and I went over to meet them.

I was SO. Nervous. I have to admit. I don't know why, but it was all quickly gone once they walked in. It all turned to excitement. They are so adorable and super sweet. We chatted a while, Sarah ate her cookie and colored and we called it a night. Everything has finally set in, that this journey is coming to an end, and this sweet baby girl is gonna have some pretty awesome parents.

The next day they met here at our home and they met my sister in law Kelli, who watched the girls for us while we all went. We all hung out for a bit, then went to the hospital for the version. I changed into the gown and settled in. Told the nurse that if I was in fact getting the IV, I was going to need the lidocane first, because Im so super chicken when it comes to IV's haha. F&C came back and the nurse grabbed the ultrasound machine. Sure enough, her head was DOWN! Version avoided. So we all were very happy. They did have me stay on the monitors for about 30 minutes for a NST (non stress test) just to watch the baby and be sure she is good. And she is. SO off to breakfast we went. It was their first taste of chili!

It has been absolutely wonderful meeting them, and hanging out with them. Sarah loves going to see them, and was bummed to hear she won't be joining us for dinner this evening. They are great with my girls, and I can't wait to see them as parents to this sweet girl!!

Next appointment is on Tuesday. Hoping for some progress in dilation and effacement. I will definitely have her check on that. Will update Tuesday. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment