Wednesday, December 17, 2014

37 Weeks.

Full Term! Baby girl we made it!

How am I feeling? Been getting lots of that question lately. I am feeling good. My tailbone/low back had begun to hurt and my hips still. But overall, I feel wonderful. It was a big day at my appointment today, I knew Kim and I were going to discuss the version, if baby had not turned back to head down. So I started the day off at the chiropractor- I found her on spinningbabies.com, hoping for someone certified in the webster method. It is supposed to help turn breech babies. So I went there this morning before my appointment, and she didn't even do the method (or much of anything to be honest). I didn't know what to expect, but after talking to my cousin (who is a chiropractor) I realized she didn't. Maybe something will come of it.

OH WELL. So off to my appointment I go. She grabbed the little ultrasound machine and sure enough, her head is still right up in my ribs. Little stinker! Sooooo, we are now scheduled for a version on Thursday morning. I am supposed to be there at 10:30 to get hooked up to IV's and the procedure will start at 11. For those of you that don't know what a version is - feel free to youtube it. This is the technical term "external cephalic version." Basically the doctor manipulates the baby from the outside and manually turns her to head down position. I've heard it can be pretty uncomfortable, but I am willing to try it if might help avoid a c-section. If the doctor is able to flip her, we wait for labor to start on its own. If its unsuccessful and she doesn't flip on her own over the next couple weeks, we will schedule a c-section. There are also risks, though somewhat rare. I will be set up with an IV line, in the case that the baby goes into distress, and we would need to rush back to the OR and deliver. But we don't foresee that happening. Kim thinks the baby is in a good position to be moved, and there is plenty of fluid pockets to help the process. I am hopeful that it is going to work, and all will go smooth!

That being said F&C did have to end up switching their flights by a day. I am glad they will be able to be here for the procedure, just in case. It all seem SO REAL now. I get to meet them tomorrow! This is all so exciting. And maybe a tad nerve wrecking. We are trying not to stress too much about Thursday, but again, it is going to all be fine. I can feel it.

Thank you all for the prayers and thoughts in advance for Thursday! Everything is crossed for a flip!
Here is the belly at 37 weeks.




1 comment:

  1. Good luck with everything! i'll be praying for you!! How exciting that you get to meet F&C :)

    ReplyDelete