Monday morning we flew out of Albuquerque at 6am. I haven't been up at 4am in quite a while. But it wasn't too bad, especially because I was excited! We arrived in LA around 7am and picked up the rental car (took forever to get a shuttle there). After getting the car we were hungry for breakfast so we decided that we would drive over near PFC where my appointment was because we didn't know about traffic. We at a yummy place called Novel Cafe. They had lots of healthy choices which was great after splurging at our family reunion. You should know my love for tasty food by now.We arrived at PFC at 9:40am for my 10:00 appt. We waited just about 45 minutes before being called back to speak to the Dr. He's great! He was funny, had a great sense of humor and easy to talk to. He said we could contact him directly if we had any questions during any part of this process. He gave me some information on the process, but what it all came down to was getting my mirena out. Since I have the mirena he said we need to do a mock cycle. This means I'll be on four weeks of medications (estrace and provera -these are pills and not injections, thankfully) and during the third week they will do an ultrasound to be sure my lining is good and thick. This will all start when I get my period (sorry if TMI). The ultrasound I can do locally. From there, if it looks good we can move on. So now I get to pray I can start my cycle soon! After we discussed this stuff we waited another 30 minutes or so before I had to go back to give lots of blood, and get the ultrasound. He said everything looks great - I have good weight, ovaries, and uterus on my side, and I think we should have good success. So excited for F&C!!
After the appt it was time for lunch so we headed to Santa Monica Pier! I really wanted to go see the beach. I've missed it tons! We walked around the pier and decided to eat at "Bubba Gump Shrimp Company." Wow, they had the most delicious coconut shrimp. I was in heaven. Love coconut shrimp. After eating we rented beach cruiser bikes and went on a two hour bike ride down to Muscle/Venice Beach. Talk about people watching!!! Some of these people you would see on Ripley's Believe it or Not. Haha. It was quite entertaining. But it was beautiful, and I wish we could do that again today. After returning bikes we walked the beach for a bit and picked up some seashells for Sarah. We can't wait to bring her to the beach someday, she would soooo love it! I can see her running around now in search of treasures.



We checked into the hotel around 5pm. It was very nice and we got there just in time for the hosted wine hour! We hung out there a bit, then headed out to walk to find a place to eat and shop a little. We ate at a great pizza place where you picked your toppings, called 800 degrees. Delicious. Picked up a surprise for the girls while shopping. Then we got pretty tired because we woke up at 4am.Overall had a great trip. Seems like we were gone longer than we were but I guess that's always a good thing when you're traveling!
On the plane now and about to take off - so better go! Looking forward to the next steps. And also anxious to meet F&C!! They seem so fun! Why are planes so cold? Next time packing my sweater and socks since they don't have blankets anymore! My toes are froze! Thanks for reading everyone!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


So great you are off to a good start! Will keep you in my thoughts for your cycle to start and things to progress as planned. Also, great you have some hubby alone time and CA sun!!
ReplyDeleteWoohooo!!! When do you meet F & C?
ReplyDeleteNot really sure yet Tanna, but we are both very excited about meeting soon!
Delete