Saturday, June 1, 2013

About Me

I thought I'd post a little bio about myself and my family here for those of you that do not know me. I am sure my IP's will be sharing this blog with some friends and family too, so I thought it would be nice to introduce myself.

I'm Katy! I've been married to my husband Joe for 9 years. We met back in 2002 when I was a senior in high school. Joe just so happened to be one of my brothers buddies. They were car guys. All drove their mustangs and muscle cars. I too drove a cute little 6cyl GOLD mustang. I tried to be "cool" like my big brother, only I wasn't haha. Anyhow, Joe was over one day at my parents working on cars with my brother and that's when I first met him. After that we aol instant messaged for awhile and he asked me out on a date. Long story short, we've pretty much been together since. We've had ups and downs but couldn't be more thankful for where we are now. In June 2010 we had our first baby girl. Sarah is going to be three in just a couple weeks. And in March 2012 we had our second daughter Allie.

We lead a very busy lifestyle. I started a mommy and me group when Sarah was four months old and we keep very busy with all our friends. Could not be more blessed with the friends we've made through this group. I also do a little photography on the side. Joe works full time and also attends UNM engineering school. We enjoy everything outdoors. Hiking, fishing, camping, snowboarding, lake trips. We do spend as much time with our families as possible but schedules do conflict and time is crunched. We do love our families very much and enjoy spending as much time as possible with them.

I was so blessed to have amazing pregnancies and healthy deliveries. I thought and thought about having more babies, but Joe and I believe two is a good number for us. We enjoy traveling and we want to be able to take our family on vacation often. Our family feels complete.

Im sure you're wondering how surrogacy came to mind. I did talk about this in my first post but I'll briefly touch on it again. First off I love being pregnant. Sure it has its hard times, but overall it's so amazing. Second, I don't know what I'd do if I didn't/couldn't have children of my own. I know several girls who have and are currently struggling with problems conceiving. It's a very emotional thing for me, so I can only imagine how these couples feel. I know without a doubt that I'd be in search of someone to help me accomplish my dream. So here I am. My hope is that I can give the greatest gift to my AMAZING IP's. God led them to me and I couldn't be any more happy to be doing this for them. I feel like I've found my calling. I want to help. And I'm very excited.

So there is a brief bio of me and my family. F&C have posted their story from the start of their journey too. There are are a few posts that are back dated to specific dates, so look back and check out their posts too. I hope you all will follow along with us! It's gonna be life changing!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. You should post a link to their blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Morgan! They are authors on this blog as well, they don't have one of their own. Just go back and you will be able to read what they have written here too ;)

      Delete