Monday, June 10, 2013

Spreading the News


Well, word is now getting around! I told my parents just before we matched with F&C. I knew I would need to give them time to let it soak in. I completely understand their reservations, and concerns of the risks of such a decision. I'd be concerned for my own child as well. So before I went and spread the news to everyone, I gave my parents time. We also told Joe's Mom, and I spoke to my  Aunt about it a week or so ago. All my mama group friends and a few others know- everyone is happy for me!

Yesterday one of my aunt's contacted me and said she had heard the news. I am glad my parents were able to talk about it with my grandmother. And I am glad my Aunt called to talk to me about it, and ask questions, and understand WHY I am choosing surrogacy. So thank you! From there I told the rest of my Aunts and some cousins. The response so far has been very positive, and I thank you all for your support! Family and friends are so important to me! I would appreciate thoughts and prayers for my family as well as F&C. This is an emotional and exciting process for everyone involved! I've been wanting to shout it from the rooftops since I have been talking more and more to F&C. I am beyond excited to help them realize their dream.

I love you all,
Katy

2 comments:

  1. We are so excited for you and the family you are giving this amazing gift to. You are a special person and we cannot wait to follow you in thos journey! Love you cuz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for commenting here Karah! I love you and thank you for your support! It's great to read the comments and know people are reading!

      Delete