Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Transfer Day!

Today was FINALLY the big day. After getting to the clinic yesterday and them telling us we were waiting one more day, we made it. I know my IP's were worried about the quality of the eggs after that, so we wanted more info.

Today I showed up and things in the office were way more laid back. It was so busy in there yesterday. Anyhow, as I was waiting I signed into skype chat to get in contact with F&C. They were anxious. We chatted a few then I was called back. I changed and sat waiting for the doctor. When he came in I turned on the video so they could be present at this appointment. Here is the background:

We got 40 or so eggs from the donor. 22 made it to fertilization. And as of today, we were left with just one embryo. This wasn't the news we were expecting. The donor eggs were not good quality, and she cannot donate again (obviously). Anyhow, so we have our one sweet embryo. Doctor said its not the best he's seen, but we still have hope that this one is gonna stick and grow nice and strong.

I put the camera on the screen for the ultrasound, and we saw the embryo being transferred to its temporary home. Hopefully it is snuggling in for its stay over the next 9 months. My fingers are crossed for us all, I want more than anything, for this baby to stick for them. So please pray for that!! There is still hope for this embie! And I'm confident it's gonna grow perfectly.

Next up is BETA on the 30th. A blood test to check my hormone levels. We are hoping for a number greater than 100 and for that to double by next check. This will confirm pregnancy.

I thank you all for you well wishes, good thoughts and prayers. On to the next step!

4 comments: