Friday, April 26, 2013

New Journey.

Well, this is my very first post to this new blog. For now I will keep it private, so I can jot down my thoughts, and experiences in this very new journey. Once I get a little further in the process I will share it. And I can't wait to tell you all about it!

I have thought about surrogacy for years. I guess I never thought it was something I would really be able to do. BUT now I know....I WANT to. I love both my girls with all my heart, and thank God every single day for blessing me with them. For as long as I can remember, back to being a little girl, I always knew I wanted to be a mother. It was part of my purpose in life. And He gave me the best gift of all. Two healthy, beautiful, baby girls. For a long time I wondered what I would do if I was not able to have a child. I'm not sure the word devastated would even do justice. So, I cannot imagine how some parents in this world feel after suffering through loss, rejection, and pain of infertility.

So with that being said, I am done having kids of my own. After much thought, and anxiety over being done, I decided that two kids is perfect for us, and my family feels complete. But I wasn't content. I really miss being pregnant. I have wonderful pregnancies, pretty much flawless, and I love seeing life grow inside. It breaks my heart to know that a family out there cannot experience what I am experiencing, simply because a mother cannot carry. That is when, just recently, it came to me. I decided to talk to Joe and see what he thought of surrogacy. Honestly, I thought he would say no. Not sure why, but I didn't think it would be "his thing." Much to my surprise, he said that if this is something I wanted to do, then sure, I could do it. We talked for awhile, and weighed the risks etc., and he again confirmed that he would be okay with me doing this. Just another reason I love him so much. He sees the desire and passion inside me for this, and says GO FOR IT! And I am thrilled.

There are two type of surrogacy: traditional surrogacy and gestational surrogacy. I will be doing gestational surrogacy. This is strictly IVF: not my egg (not my baby in any way), I am just the "oven." Just in case any of you were wondering. It would be much different for me (and I couldn't do it) if it were my egg.

Life is a journey, and I fully intend on living mine to the fullest. Surrogacy is on my bucket list, not to mention being able to help a couple turn into a family makes me so super excited. I can only imagine the look on their faces when they see THEIR baby for the first time.

2 comments:

  1. You've got my support and my hand to help you along the way, friend! What an amazing idea for you and other soon-to-be parents! Xo

    ReplyDelete