Saturday, April 27, 2013

Circle Surrogacy

So yesterday I called Jeni at Circle for more information. I have read up quite a bit in regards to the process, but it was nice to hear it from a live person and be able to ask questions as they come up. I talked to her for 35 minutes. She was a sweetheart.

Now that I am so excited about doing this, I just had to ask her about the process, and find out how quick I could be matched. I didn't want to sound desperate, but gosh, I can't wait and don't want it to drag out. She said she totally understood because when she made the decision to do it for herself she was the same way. So basically, if I get stuff sent to them asap, we can get the ball rolling and she said it is possible that it could take just 4 months. Not too bad considering the tedious process.

Step one is sending in some paperwork. I have already filled out my pre-screening survey and got approved so far. No on to another application, photos, pre-screening stuff, sending medical records. After all that is received there is a lengthy phone conference with a social worker who will speak with both Joe and I and kind of take a narrative of my life, for my profile. I was told this call could take up to 2.5 hours. Eeek!

Then we move on to selecting IP's (intended parents). I will select from profiles of couples that I would feel comfortable working with, then they go through and either choose or deny me. Which is fine, I want all parties to be comfortable and have the same hopes and expectations as I do.

Shortly after choosing the IP's we would be flown out to CA for medical screening. This includes meeting the IP's and making sure my body is healthy to carry a baby. It is 2 days and 1 night. They will also go over all medications and train me to use the needles...ack! It is all worth it!!

After that, it is 6 weeks of injections and monitoring via ultrasound etc, then we can do the embryo transfer! I will fly back to CA for the last time for this, then can see my regular OB after I am 10 weeks pregnant. What a journey right!? After that smooth sailing until delivery!

I feel so much better about this now that I have actually talked to someone. I have also connected with a few ladies on facebook, although I am looking for someone to stick with me along my journey - even though I have tons of support (once I spread my news that is)!

Keep praying, I am so excited, I can't hardly wait!

4 comments:

  1. This is so cool!!! I am not a patient person, so I can understand your desire to "get the ball rolling" on this! Its so exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete