Monday, June 16, 2014

Oh HAPPY Day!


I was just shy of ten weeks....to be exact I was 9 weeks 2 days when I had a crazy reaction to my injection. Everything had been going well with them, and suddenly things were different. I did my injection just the same as every night. They were getting harder each day, the oil was building up and I had little knots that were starting to form. Pushing the injections in was getting more and more difficult. Anyhow, as I was doing it, my back starting itching so so bad. Then after I was done my back turned bright red. Once the red had started to fade, I was left with a lot of busted blood vessels that looked like a bruise spread across my back. 
I emailed Dr. Sahakian, and he told me to stop the injections, take benedryl and ice the area a few times that next day. Since my ultrasound was 4 days away he said we could re-evaluate then if things looked good, I would be off them for good. It was such an exciting day. I didn't think he would tell me to stop quite yet. But he knows what he is doing :)



So after the ultrasound looked good, I was able to say goodbye to all the needles and meds! Here is a look back at all of them hahaha. Nothing goes undocumented right?!? To other potential surrogates that may run across this blog, just know that the meds really aren't that bad. I was a needle phone before, and they really aren't painful.  Grow baby grow!


No comments:

Post a Comment