Today I had my first appointment with my midwife. I'm so glad to be seeing her now. And for the time being the appointments will be slowing down. It will be nice to be at ease and let the baby do its thing.
Kim was my midwife for my pregnancy with Allie. She is so awesome. And supportive of this surrogacy. I had gone to her for medical clearance when I decided to do surrogacy, and she was supportive and said to be safe and only transfer one. I took that advice. And here we are, pregnant with one healthy babe!
Just a normal appointment, getting re-established with them. Got all the information logged, then we were gonna listen for baby's heartbeat. I got pretty nervous when we couldn't find it with the doppler. Kim tried for a few, then said "this baby is gonna make me get my ultrasound machine out." So she left to get it. I said a quick prayer that baby was just in a weird position and all was fine! She came back in, and we tried with the ultrasound. Baby was in a strange position, with its back facing up, so it was hard to see the heart beating at first. We finally got a good view, turned up the sound, and there it was! Heart beating at 167. PHEW. Relief. And I got another photo for F&C. Not the greatest, the machine was basic, but we take what we can get! Can't see the baby, but here is the heart rate. Next up, 12 week nuchal scan, next week.

No comments:
Post a Comment