Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Busy Week!

So the monitoring appointment went well. My lining was triple striped and at 9mm. I started the progesterone injections on Tuesday night. Those are every night for the next 10 weeks (or so) if things go right. I am still doing the delestrogen every three days as well. I gotta be honest and say that the shots are not going as well as last time. More painful this time around, not sure what I am doing different. But hopefully I will get the hang of it again soon.

The egg donor had her retrieval yesterday, and they did retrieve 41 eggs. From those 41 eggs, we now have 21 eggs fertilized and growing. This is GREAT news. I hope we have lots of wonderful little embryos to choose from, and transfer the perfect one. I know we will. I am so hopeful this time for F&C. I know they are nervous, as am I, but so far things are going really well. The others will be frozen just in case this one does not work, and for future use, if they decide to take another journey down the road...

Flights are booked, and I will leave Saturday morning. We will return on Tuesday evening. My sweet friend Satenik is accompanying me on this trip. Joe has lots of school stuff and of course work on top of it all. So he needs to stay home. He is bummed he cannot be there with me, but it will all be fine.
Other than that, I am looking forward to a successful transfer, and relaxing 4 days in California.

Thanks for following me, and keeping up with our journey!
Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment