As I mentioned earlier in this blog, I had always planned on donating milk to the preemies milk bank. And I have. It was a rough start, many tears were shed - because I had two bouts with DOUBLE mastitis. It was so terrible. It makes you feel like you are on your death bed. BUT, things have been going well every since and we are sitting at 12 weeks post delivery now. I have sent in 8 coolers so far. Each cooler can hold about 300oz of milk, so that is roughly 2400oz I have sent in! I'm definitely getting used to it, and I am getting to sleep through the night. 12am-7am is about how long I can go without pumping. I do aim to pump every three hours, but sometimes it gets stretched out depending on how busy we are. Since having the mastitis I was able to set a schedule since my supply had dropped so much, and now were all adjusted. Anyhow, it is going well (now) and I am thankful that I can help out those sweet little teeny tinys.
Here is a link to just one of the many preemies that milk donors have helped. Inspiring!
http://blog.prolacta.com/prolacta-baby-leah/
Checking in
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment