Wednesday, February 11, 2015

One Month Post Birth

Hey everyone! I have been meaning to check back in here, and just haven't. It has been a roller coaster since Victoria arrived, but things are settling down now.

Almost a week after the birth or so (I can't remember now) I started to feel ill. I had body aches, chills, fever - the nasty flu that is going around everywhere. That stuck around for a bit. Then I got the dreaded mastitis. Not once, but twice. So I was on antibiotics for about 20 days. If you don't remember, I am pumping for preemies milk bank. Anyhow, being on the antibiotic did ruin my amazing supply I had going, but things are looking up now.

January 20th F&C left home to France with their daughter. It was definitely bittersweet for us. For me. We went to breakfast at Le Peep, I was still feeling sick so I stayed as far away as I could to prevent spreading my germs. I really wanted to hold Victoria again, but I know it wasn't good for her. I'll just treasure the moments I did snuggle her up! We said our goodbyes in the parking lot, as we loaded up some stuff from their car to ours that they borrowed. I couldn't help but tear up, and they did too. It was such a beautiful journey and I am so thankful for the amazing friends we have made. Helping them create their family is a huge highlight in my life. C gave me a beautiful card of thanks, we hugged, cried, and went our separate ways.

Things seem to be going wonderful. They made it back home and got adjusted to the time change and caught up on some sleep. We talk when we can, it is so great to keep in touch. I do think it is one of every surrogates fears that once they family returns home they won't get to talk anymore. But we do, and I am grateful for the connection. Ive received photos of sweet Victoria and she is growing, and getting more and more beautiful everyday. She like dancing with her mama in the living room <3 Those are the photos I love! They bring pure joy to my heart, knowing their dreams are now a reality.


We miss them. It was fun hanging out and learning about them and the french culture. I now know they don't like ice in their drinks, don't really use straws, what a real espresso is, american portions are huge (no need for a "to go box" where they live) and the meaning of SACRE BLEU hahaha! <3 We had so much fun while they were here, and shared many laughs. One day soon we hope to make it out to France to visit! In the meantime, we are thankful for the internet to keep in touch.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful baby! Glad everything went smoothly and hope you're feeling better! How long did it take to get the birth certificate and passport? I'm 16 weeks today and have started thinking about how things will wrap up after delivery. I have gay, French IPs, so I'm hoping things move quickly for them so they can take their son home without delays.

    ReplyDelete