This week I am 31 weeks. I went for my appointment today (at almost 32 weeks) and I am up 22 lbs so far. The belly measured 32 1/2 weeks and baby's heart sounded great. It is so crazy to think that in 9 (SINGLE DIGITS) short weeks, they will be holding this sweet girl in their arms. It is going to fly by with the holidays I think. I am feeling pretty good. Tired and still waking up a bunch at night, but that is all normal. I have been getting more round ligament pulling pains too. Man those things are rough! Brings back some memories of some real labor pains (pre-epidural) lol. I feel like I have to really breathe through it when I get pull! Something to look forward too. LOL. Other than that, still have heartburn - hoping that means this little chick has lots of hair for her mama to put bows in <3
Sounds like F&C are pretty well prepared. Her room is all set, and super super cute I might add. I love hearing the excitement coming from them. I am just so anxious and even more excited for the big moment. A lot of people have been asking me lately how I feel about it all. If I feel connected, or if it is going to be hard to turn her over to her parents. The answer is no. I am more than ready for this girl to be with her family. I have enjoyed growing her from the inside, but she is not and was never ours to keep. She is not any part of me. While I feel a slight connection, it is not a motherly one. It is a sweet little innocent baby coming into this great big world, into the arms of her loving Mom and Dad - who have waited so long for her. This is something I have wanted to do for a long tim. I prayed about it, and prepared for it mentally for quite a while before starting the process, and I am 100% confident about it all. The look on her parents faces as she comes into this world, is going to be the moment I know just how amazing this journey really has been, and it will be ingrained into my mind forever. I have loved getting to know them, talking to them daily and sharing with them throughout. And I do hope that we can remain in touch as much as possible when they return home as a FAMILY. They have become a special part of my life, and I will never forget this experience. And the best is yet to come!
So here is a big thank you to everyone who has supported me and this dream, asked how I am doing, kept in touch, and asked curious questions. It is nice to know we are thought about, prayed for, and loved. No question is dumb, I think it is great to be curious, and I am an open book if any of you have any questions regarding the gift of surrogacy.
Here is our 31 week belly<3 It was voting day!
Checking in
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment