Tuesday, May 13, 2014

6 Week Ultrasound

Today was FINALLY the day. An ultrasound that wasn't just a lining check! We were going to get to see if there was life growing inside.

Last week I was so excited! Last night I could not wait. This morning, I got really nervous. After texting a few friends and telling them I thought I may have a heart attack, they called my name and I went back. Let me tell you how great Dr. Caperton is! I have not met him up until today. He was so personable, super nice, and informative. I asked if we could Skype F&C in on the appointment, and he was totally cool with it. BUT then the internet connection there was not strong enough for video chat. Such a bummer. But instead I was able to video it on my phone for them. I had been chatting with them on Skype prior to being called back, and had hoped the video portion would work. But that is okay, we now have video, and they still got to see their miracle.

Dr. Caperton explained all the parts (fetal pole, yolk sack, etc). He pointed to a little tiny flicker on the screen, where I got to see what we have been waiting for. A heartbeat!!! Everything is looking great. I go back in two weeks to check that everything is still on track and growing as it should. But so far so good, looks like a healthy baby is on the way! I couldn't be more excited for F&C. They were so nervous, I know, but this brought so much excitement, hope, and tears. When everything was looked over, Doc had left the room, and I asked if I could get photos for them. The nurse said that they were not allowed to. I was so bummed. BUT, Dr. Caperton came back in magically, and printed some out for us. So grateful for today. And good news. And the miracle of life. And the ability to help F&C. No greater feeling for me. Love them.

Here is a photo of their little miracle, who is now the size of a "small pea." Grow baby grow. I am feeling great. A little tired and unmotivated some days, have noticed I've been slightly out of breath sometimes, but other than those two things - I feel amazing. Have not gained any weight yet. And still making it in to the gym a few times a week. Praying for an easy going, healthy pregnancy like with my girls. Couldn't be happier!!!


1 comment: