Thursday, February 6, 2014

Beta Results & More

Sorry for the delay in updates. Normally I try to be on top of it, but I was trying to take all the info in, and just keeping busy in general.

I went for my first beta on the 30th. I was at the lab at 8am, hoping we would get results earlier, but nope. I got the call at 5pm. I was so anxious all day. I had taken a couple pregnancy tests and they were all positive, with pretty definitive lines. Anyhow - from what people have told me, and what I have read, any number over 50 is good. A number over 100 would have been awesome. But, our number was 73. F&C reassured me it was a pretty good number, so I relaxed a little. I had to email Dr. S and get his opinion too. He said that it wasn't great, but could go either way. I also asked what number he would be looking for on Monday. Since hormone levels normally double every 48-ish hours, he said he would be pleased to see 350. So for the next few days I felt like we were teetering on the edge. I went Monday and got the blood drawn. Waited for the phone call. My result: 47. Definitely not what we wanted to hear.

Joe knew the news wasn't good when I was on the phone. I told him what they said, and then I sat down to sent F&C a quick message. I had no idea what to say. I apologized, because I am sorry that this didn't work. I was sad. However, due to the issues with our egg donor's egg quality, we half expected it. But it still stings. Especially since we had the positive test, a semi good first BETA, and then it just dropped. I was tired, as I usually am in early pregnancy. I felt bad for telling them all that now. This is something I have never experienced. I didn't know what to think, but I did lock myself in the bathroom and have a good cry, a moment of peace to just take it all in, and pray for the next steps in our journey and for F&C. They have been through TOO much, and I just really really wanted success on our first try.I was hesitant to ask them right off the bat what was going to happen next. I mean, I know we needed to find a new egg donor. But I did not know how soon that would begin. Yesterday C text me and told me they had a good day. That they had found a new egg donor and even Dr. S said she was a great donor. I was so surprised and this news gave me a huge boost. I am really glad they are moving forward and pressing on. They are so sweet. I just know this will be good. So right now, we are waiting to hear that she will match with us. From there is contracts etc. So I don't have a real timeline yet, but I am so glad we have good news!I have another BETA on Monday morning. Need to make sure I'm back at 0. I have been  off all meds since second BETA, and now await my cycle. If all goes well with this donor,  I just know we will be heading to our next transfer soon, and we will have the most perfect embroyo <3  Please keep it in your prayers.

Thanks for reading, and for all your sweet thoughts over the past couple weeks. Each and every one is very much appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Sending lots of positive thoughts for you guys and your new donor!

    ReplyDelete